Auto Claims Reporting
Immediately after an accident, take the following steps:
- Check to see if anyone is injured. If so, call for medical attention immediately.
- If possible, move your vehicle out of harm’s way and turn off the ignition.
- Remain calm. Do not argue with the other parties involved. Do not admit liability or responsibility. Leave liability discussions to the insurance professionals.
- Contact the police. By reporting the accident to the police and filing a report, you will help protect yourself from potential liability claims and legal action.
- Inform the police of any injured parties.
- Exchange the following information with the involved parties:
- Driver's License numbers
- Auto insurance company information
- Note weather, road conditions and time of the accident.
- Record the names and telephone numbers of any witnesses to the accident.
- As soon as possible, report the accident to Catholic Mutual. Catholic Mutual will arrange to conduct a full investigation, appraise the vehicle damage, and defend any liability claims.
- Download the , complete as much of the information as possible and either submit it via email (click on the "EMAIL" box embedded in the form) or send it to:
Telephone: (800) 554-2642, select Option 2
Fax: (715) 539-4651
Mail: P.O. Box 342
Merrill, WI 54452-0342
- Be certain to include contact information of any other involved parties or witnesses in your report.
- Obtain a copy of the police report.
Note that the insurance deductible for collision is $500.